Minecraft is the worlds most popular game which was played longest since ever. Minecraft was developed and published by Mojang and recently it is purchased by Microsoft. As we know Microsoft’s strategies to buy the popular product to end the competition. The tech company Microsoft already has been purchased various of popular games and their companies and the they took the move and they purchased Mojang and its popular sandbox game Minecraft. This move by Microsoft is the one of the best deal in gaming sector.
So all the users need to either create new Microsoft account or use your already existed account to transfer the Mojang Account. who does not use Microsoft account to play Minecraft need to migrate their account to Microsoft within the limited time period. If the user does not migrate the account before the inactive period their account will be lost and could not be recovered.
According to Mojang,
“Migrating from Mojang to Microsoft accounts is mandatory. If you don’t make the move, in several months you won’t be able to log in anymore – which means you won’t be able to play either. … You’ll receive a cool reward once you’ve logged in with your Microsoft account: a special cape!”
How to Migrate Minecraft account from Mojang to Microsoft
Follow the below steps to Migrate your Mojang Account to Microsoft successfully.
- Log in to Minecraft account.
- Find the “It’s Your Turn To Move” prompt.
- Click “Move my Account”.
- Verify account with a code sent to the email attached to the Mojang account.
- Enter the code and click “Submit and Start Migration”.
- A new email and password will be needed. A school or work email will not work.
- Existing Microsoft accounts can be used here by clicking “Existing Microsoft Account” instead of creating a new one.
- Confirm date of birth and country.
- Create a gamertag and select a profile picture.
- The final screen will have a “Let’s Move” button that needs to be clicked.
Your Mojang account will be transferred to Microsoft successfully if you followed the steps correctly and will be able to play and receive the free cape. We hope this article helped you
Read More: How to build a pirate ship in Minecraft: Tips and Tricks